With a population of around 6,087 people, it is technically a city but its lifestyle over the years has remained constant, that of a quiet residential community. The Village of Indian Hill began as a farming community which prospered as the nearby Little Miami Railroad provided cost effective shipping to Cincinnati. From about 1904, Cincinnatians bought up its farmhouses as rural weekend destinations. They reached Indian Hill on the Swing Line, a train running between downtown Cincinnati and Ramona Station; the site is now the location of Indian Hill's administration building at Drake and Shawnee Run roads.The rolling country appealed to a group of four Cincinnati businessmen who had built homes there in the early 1920s and envisioned a more ambitious rural settlement, persuading friends to join them in forming the Camargo Realty Company in 1924. Camargo assembled 12,000 acres (49 km2) of farmland and divided some into 25-acre (100,000 m2) plots, sold for $75 to $150 per acre, and a district of grand mansions with stables and outbuildings grew up, with kennels that housed the Camargo Hunt. Some were authentic estates, such as the 1,200-acre (4.9 km2) "Peterloon" of John Emery, which has since been subdivided into lots as small as 1 acre (4,000 m2). One hundred percent of Indian Hill is zoned as single-family residential or agricultural.